As homeowners ourselves, we understand that the process of purchasing a home can feel overwhelming. It’s a decision that comes with asking yourself whether or not you are ready to take on the added responsibility of becoming a homeowner, and often means you’re thinking about growing your family. Even with these considerations, we think that this decision should be a sign of your personal growth and achievement, not something that keeps you up at night.
At Merlino & Gonzalez, we believe that everyone who wants to achieve the American Dream of homeownership should find the purchasing experience worth every bit of hard work, delayed gratification, and saving money…
This is why we created our Real Estate Purchase Road Map!
- Step 1
For NY properties, have your realtor send us the Binder/Term Sheet.
For NJ properties, have your realtor send us the fully signed Broker prepared contract.
- Step 2
Read and sign our retainer letter, as well as our list of estimated closing costs. Take advantage of our useful “Timeline of the Buying Experience” instruction letter.
- Step 3
For NY properties, have the property examined by a licensed home inspector, and then make an appointment at our office to sign a contract.
For NJ properties, once we conclude the Attorney Review Period, which finalizes your contract, have the property examined by an inspector.
- Step 4
We will aggressively negotiate with the seller for the home repairs and/or credits you want.
- Step 5
Contact your lender for financing while we order your title work and survey.
- Step 6
Enjoy a smooth closing completed in under an hour.
( Some pizza places don’t deliver that quickly. )
- Step 7
Move in and unpack!
Sorry, we can’t help you with this part!
Our Agreement with you
We understand the leap of faith it takes to trust us with the responsibility of helping to secure a new home for you and your family. But you need an experienced team working to ensure your closing date gets closer, not further away. To give you security and peace of mind, we agree at our office that:
- You will always feel welcome and never rushed.
- You will be greeted with a hot cup of coffee and a warm atmosphere.
- You will be entering a courteous and respectful environment.
- You will find a full jar of candy in our reception area.
- Phone calls will be answered by a live human being familiar with your concerns and messages will be returned within 24 hours.
- All consultations will be conducted by an attorney.
- You will have a clear understanding of the estate and trust settlement process following your consultation at our office.
- All documents will be revised and updated until you are fully satisfied.
- You will have a clear understanding of the process of real estate purchasing following your in person and phone consultations with us.
- You will be provided with an easy to understand progress report which explains the real estate purchase process.
- You will have access to an attorney for ongoing counseling before and after the closing.
- You will be given a flexible schedule for booking appointments.
- We will conduct the closing at a date, time, and place that is convenient for you.
- We will work to make sure your closing occurs before your interest rate lock expires.
- We will be responsive to your lender’s requests and thoroughly explain all of the loan documents to you at closing.
Let Us Be Your Guide!
Don’t lose out on that home to more aggressive buyers! Send us your Binder/Term Sheet, and let us go to work!
CALL NOW so we can get you into contract fast!
We have one more promise to you. Because nobody likes to be surprised with unexpected repairs in the first year after buying a home, we offer all of our clients a FREE 13 month Choice Plus Plan Home Warranty from Choice Home Warranty (1 or 2 family properties only)!
Follow our path to avoid…
- Losing out on the house you want to more aggressive buyers.
- Closing after your interest rate lock has expired.
- Possible eviction or overstaying your welcome with a friend or relative.
- Having to make expensive repairs you never anticipated when you made your offer.
- Failing to spot the high costs and strong-arm tactics of predatory lenders before it’s too late.
- Buying a home without a warranty!
So, what are you waiting for? Now’s your chance to buy a home!
After you move in…
- Trick your friends and family into coming to a painting party!
- Transform your house into a home.
- Throw a BBQ!
- Have a beer!
- Raise a family.
- Make new friends.
- Finally have some privacy.
- Build a “man cave”.
- ”Never say the word “landlord” again!
Not One Day. Today. Call Now 718.698.2200
Merlino & Gonzalez help residents of New York & New Jersey with their real estate purchase needs. Since their primary office is in Staten Island, they receive a lot of clients there as well as in the boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, & The Bronx.